3.4K views

Update by user Jan 15, 2012

I heard from the salesman around the holidays to see how I was liking my new sliding door and kitchen window.If he had gotten information before calling he would have known that the kitchen window was measured wrong and made to big so it was not installed.

I have not heard from the company since that call.

Nothing about the kitchen window, nothing about my not being happy with them, NOT A WORD FROM THEM.Besides posting on this site I am member of Angie\'s list where I am expected to post my interactions with companies I deal with.

Original review posted by user Dec 05, 2011

*** me, thought drawing for free windows actually meant a chance to win windows. Instead it meant the company not listening to you saying "not for 6 months" and calling you to come give you their sales pitch. First the guy gives me attitude because I said I wasn't getting windows for 6 months. His attitude was that I was wasting HIS time. His second attitude was about whether or not I can pay for windows he is looking to sell me. After his pitch and sales *** I don't know what happened but I ended up signing. Then he had the nerve to call the finance person trying to get me to go through them, like I need to be paying more banks

NO WINDOWS I WANT, WINDOWS THAT ARE EASY FOR HIS GUYS TO INSTALL & AT HIGH PRICE. HALF MONEY DOWN BEFORE WINDOWS GET MADE.

I HAVEN'T PAID ANYTHING PUTTING OFF THE WINDOWS YET BUT THEY SEEM TO HAVE MADE THEM ANYWAY.

I GET A CALL TELLING ME THE WINDOWS ARE ALMOST READY. THEN I GET A CALL FROM THEM THAT GOES STRAIGHT TO VOICEMAIL TELLNG ME THEY WANT TO INSTALL THE WINDOW AND PATIO DOOR ON FRIDAY.

IF YOU WANT NO SAY IN WHAT WINDOWS YOU GET OR HOW MUCH YOU PAY OR WHEN THEY GET INSTALLED THEN YOU MIGHT LIKE THIS COMPANY. IF YOU CARE ABOUT GETTING AND PAYING AND HAVING ANY SAY IN WHERE YOUR MONEY GOES AND HOW MUCH OF IT IS SPENT THEN NEVER CALL THIS COMPANY.

I WOULD NEVER CALL THIS COMPANY EVER AND I'M GOING TO STAY AWAY FROM THE EVENT CENTER HOME IMPROVEMENT EXPO

Had an Experience with North Country Windows And Doors?

Comments

York, Nebraska, United States #1175899

Dear Public

If anyone is getting calls from 402-434-7622 please call the office at (800) 795-8439 to let us know the time and date.We can track our calls to see if the the call originated from our list.

We have strict policies regarding contacting people whom wish not to be contact.

We subscribe to the FDNC and update our lists daily.

We understand how annoying and frustrating it can be to get phone calls when you don't want/expect them.

We are investigating calls being made, with our primary phone number, from other sources that don't originate in our offices.

to Anonymous #1275834

They called me for months, even after I told them my windows, siding & gutters were replaced & trim wrapped several years ago & that I wanted nothing from them.Stopped for a while, but here they are calling me again!

Maybe a brick through their office window would get my point across? Doubt it. I've seen hundreds of other complaints about this company on-line & can't believe they are still in business.

HOPE THEY GO BANKRUPT!!!!!!!SOON!!!!

Glad I read this review. They cold-called me today and since I don't want any windows at this time, I hung up on them (don't like being solicited over the phone). Now I know who NOT to work with.

How is this company avoiding the Do Not Call list?I have asked them at least 10 times to stop calling me and to place them on their DNC list.

But they keep calling.Why?

Omaha, Nebraska, United States #957719

I keep getting annoying calls and hangs up from this place, stop it! a real time waster, stop what I am doing run to the phone, say hello, nothing, then their telemarketer "connects" and I hear them waiting for me to talk then click, then they do again the next day, just f-off please.

Omaha, Nebraska, United States #878397

This company is bad news.I wish people would do their homework before doing business with NORTH COUNTRY WINDOWS AND SIDING Lincoln Ne.

Their sales tactics are irrepressible, their warranty is no existent. I wish they would go out of business.

If you receive a ph.call from them--- block their number 402-434-7622 is just one of the numbers they use

Sioux City, Iowa, United States #774346

The windows are good windows, but you will pay a ton for them and that's all you get.We paid approximately 650 per window installed and got the top of the line for maximum energy efficiency.

They messed up a couple items on installation and had to do a return trip. Getting the return scheduled was a huge pain and the first time they were set to come they cancelled for cold...but failed to inform us of the cancellation.

In the mean time, I discovered that there was a constant air flow around one of the windows. When they came to do the other repairs, I asked them to address the leak. They were unwilling to touch it because that was outside of the window frame, they will only address things inside the window frame.

So, I have super high efficient window 3/4 inch away from a hole in the wall...Can't wait to see those improvements on my energy bill!

This company has been calling me for years.I have been telling them to quit calling.

I've called their company over and over and over again. A few months ago they sent an unsuspecting young woman to my house and I had to tell her to turn around and walk away. I again called them and told them to stop calling and sending people to my house. They again told me they'd take me off the list.

A few minutes ago, guess who called? Once again I called the company and once again they told me they'd quit calling. I am now going to call them every day. We'll see how long it takes to annoy them.

I suggest everyone call them and waste their time. If I needed windows and doors, they would never get my business. They have done the exact opposite of what they wanted to accomplish. I live in a small town and we're now all going to call every day like they do to us.

I don't think I'm wasting my time as I do this while I'm sitting in the bathroom.

Multi-tasker.:roll

So you signed a contract with them and are upset because they made them before you paid a down payment????I guess I don't understand why you would type a negative review because he tried to get you financing to pay for them.

Also, you signed a contract and didn't return any of their follow up calls trying to install the windows and uphold their end of the contract? You need to be an adult and take responsibility for YOUR actions instead if smearing a companies reputation on a web site.

A lot of companies are starting to take action and sue people who make comments like yours for Slander and Defamation of Character.I wouldn't be surprised if you would be a candidate for this type of legal recourse.

to Sickofbs York, Nebraska, United States #1175896

We have tried to contact the author of this complaint several times with no response. It's too bad we can't address the issue with the author.

Thanks for making sense!